Wednesday 30 July 2008

The Edge Of Love

I saw the film The Edge Of Love the other day and it really is as good as I hoped. I've been anticipating this particular film for some time now, I don't quite know why, the idea of it just appealed to me. It's supposedly about the life of the poet Dylan Thomas, however what struck me was that the film hardly focused on his character at all; it was centered more on the two loves of his life: Vera and Caitlin. We witness their surprisingly sisterly relationship and the troubles they have to cope with. By the end of the film it is not Dylan who is the hero, but these two young, but strong women.  

Before watching the film I payed a visit to the Dylan Thomas museum in Swansea. This is really worth a look. There are poems, short film clips documenting his life, and a whole room dedicated to the film The Edge Of Love - which includes the costumes worn by Sienna Miller and Keira Knightly (it's great to be able to see these in the flesh, and yes, Keira's dress is teeny tiny, but surprisingly Sienna's could be a size 10/12!) The best thing about the museum is that it's FREE! So you have no excuse. 




No comments: