Tuesday 12 August 2008

Treasure


Now that I've been making a conscious attempt at reducing my once rather embarrassing spending habits, I'm actually a lot happier and more satisfied with what I buy and what I already own. It's as though there's a weight off my shoulders. I used to buy something one week and wear it all the time, then buy something new and forget about it. I wouldn't treasure the clothes I already owned. They would sit (or hang to be precise) lonely and unloved at the back of my wardrobe. And I wouldn't actually enjoy shopping for new clothes. I would be rushing around, struggling to keep up with new trends, and snatching up 'must haves' which -as I lead myself to believe- would suddenly all sell out. I now realise that half of the joy of buying new clothes is the saving-up part. The anticipation, the feeling you've earned it, makes you really appreciate what you've bought. You'll truly and genuinely love what you've chosen and therefore want to cherish it for life. It's special, it's part of you. That's why I'm determined to spend less, to buy investment pieces that will last a lifetime. Let's ensure there's even better 'vintage' clothing in the future!







I'm currently saving up for a piece from Celia Birtwell's A/W Topshop collection.

No comments: